Middleway Case Study
Using /n software's Biztalk FTP Adapter to Get a Batch of Files
The partner company of Middleway's client provides a batch of files at a specific time to Middleway's client on a FTP server. The main problem lies in the fact that the partner must get all the files present on the FTP folder at a specific moment AND add them in an Oracle database in a specific order. In this case, the messages sequencing is based on a date included in the body of the message itself. Thanks to the /n software Biztalk FTP Adapter, this scenario can be completely managed with BizTalk.
- Get files from a FTP folder at a specific time.
- Files are stored on remote FTP folder and no messages to trigger download are sent.
- Maintain document structure and order.
- Use /n software's BizTalk FTP Adatper to send messages to the remote FTP server. Messages request list of files (DIR) and XML document stucture.
- Once document names and structure are recieved and confirmed, files are downloaded one-by-one.
- Middleway can guarantee to our client that all the files on the FTP location will be listed and taken together and subsequently treated in the way of our choice at the time when the process is triggered.