SecureBlackbox 16: A class library for PGP-compatible OpenPGP
Note: This article applies only to SecureBlackbox Legacy. For future development please consider using the latest version.
SecureBlackbox offers an authentic implementation of the OpenPGP standard (RFC 2440 and RFC 4880) in its OpenPGPBlackbox package. You can use OpenPGPBlackbox in .NET and Java applications on web servers, desktops and mobile platforms (Android with Java edition, iOS, Android and Windows Phone / Windows Mobile with .NET edition). OpenPGPBlackbox is fully compatible with the BouncyCastle library, GnuPG, and PGP Desktop to the extent to which these applications and libraries comply with the OpenPGP standard.
The full scope of OpenPGP operations, such as key generation and management, file signing and encryption, and creation of self-extracting OpenPGP archives, is supported. The option, introduced by PGP Desktop, to place several files with data into one OpenPGP archive is supported as well.
What you get with SecureBlackbox:
- Reliability: the library has been developed and improved for over 10 years
- Unique features not found in alternative libraries
- Expertise of software developers with broad experience in Internet communications and security protocols over several platforms and development technologies.
- Carefully crafted API created with flexibility and extensibility in mind
- Documentation and samples that help you use SecureBlackbox effectively
- Maintenance via regular build updates and yearly new releases
- Assistance provided directly by the SecureBlackbox developers via public and individual support channels
We appreciate your feedback. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions about this article please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.